Daedal Macabre is an online, text-based, computer role-playing game (RPG) Multi-User Dungeon in the
Medieval/Fantasy category. Set in a scenario where everything can be played, from dragons battling each other to the
forces of good and evil led by their gods, and in the middle, the mercenaries lay waiting for riches and plunder!
But there has been a rumour that one of the gods accidentally ripped open a dimensional portal leading to places
Originally known as RodHead, because the original owner was Rod. It was later renamed to Daedal Macabre. Daedal Macabre
(DM for short) Alpha stage started on January 21st 1998. Beta stage took place on April 1st 1998. Ownership later
changed hands to Yuki. At that time, DM allowed multiple individual character creations. In 2000, DM installed an
account system to reduce the probability of Multiplaying.
Daedal Macabre is orginally based off ROM Version 2.4 beta Original DikuMUD and based on the MERC 2.1 code.
However heavy modifications were made and there are now bare traces of ROM contained in it. DM's code mainly consists
of C and uses Ivan's OLC(Online Creation) for building areas.
The World of TheraEdit
DM is a large medieval fantasy world which currently has two continents and several islands. The major
continent contains the majority of the population. There are three cities in DM; Brengaard (renamed after Midgaard), New Thalos and Ailandar. In the last half of the decade, Brengaard was used as the main city. However,
currently each city has been allocated a certain alignment. Those who are of good alignment starts off in Brengaard,
evil in New Thalos and neutral in Ailandar. Each of these cities are separated by a huge desert.
Though in rumours, there is only one plane of reality, DM boasts of three different planes of reality; the solarian
plane, normal plane and demonic plane.
DM combines the traditional hack and slash with advanced mid round combat skills. Role-playing is mandatory to
discourage the use of twinking. There are many ways to play this game; clanwars, godwars, storyline quests,
immortal-run quests, clan quests.
There are 51 mortal levels. Once a character reaches level 51, the player can choose whether to remort. The \
character will be set back to level 12 with additional racial skills/spells and bonuses. However to achieve the remort
stage, the character needs certain requirements which usually is a mix of hours, questpoints and mobkills (monster
DM boasts customized equipment where Non-Player-Character as well as Player-Characters (merchants) can forge their own
equipment and name it too! DM currently has a list of 172 materials; ore, gem, wood and cloth.
Based slightly off the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition, players can create and customise their character to
In character creation, players are allowed to choose different races, classes, perks, disadvantages, statistics,
alignment, city to recall to and finally spell/skill customisation.
Races and Sub-races
- Humanoid (human, centaur, gnoll, goblin, hobgoblin, orc, half-orc, kobold, minotaur, tabaxi, githyanki, githzerai)
- Demihumans (kender, dark kender, halfling, quickling, shape shifter)
- Dwarves (mountain dwarf, hill dwarf, sundred dwarf, duergar)
- Elves (valley elf, moon elf, wild elf, sea elf, snow elf, high elf, drow)
- Giants (hill giant, storm giant, frost giant, fire giant, stone giant, ogre, half ogre)
- Gnomes (tinker gnome, deep gnome, dark gnome, forest brownie, cave brownie)
- Demons (black abashi, blue abashi, green abashi, red abashi, white abashi)
- Solars (sephilim, nephilim)
- Mysticals (gargoyle, leprechaun, pen'gwyn, titan, troll, wraith)
- Nymphs (defiled imp, scorn imp, sprite, water nymph, wood nymph)
- Metallic dragons (brass dragon, bronze dragon, gold dragon, copper dragon, silver dragon)
- Chromatic dragons (red dragon, blue dragon, green dragon, white dragon, black dragon)
- Oxidized dragons (ethereal dragon, shadow dragon, crystal dragon, rust dragon, rainbow dragon)
- Remort races (treant, illithid, succubus, incubus, lich, drider, elemental)
Classes*Warrior (ranger, paladin, fighter)
- Mage (necromancer, wizard)
- Cleric (monk, druid, healer, caster priest)
- Rogue (assassin, thief)
- Trader (merchant)
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Daedal Macabre.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Muds Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).