The LPUniversity Foundation was an umbrella community project founded on April 2, 2005 by C.A. Wayne "Tacitus" Somerville that aspired to revive the LPC community through offering community driven services, offering mutual location for education, research, development, discussion and certification, preservation of the LPC programming language, community support, the development of standards, and a modern, collaboratively developed LPC mudlib.
There are three major divisions in the LPUniversity Project.
- Administration (Admin Pot) - The administrative pot is made up of a group of individuals who fill special administrative or department unspecific roles.
- Research, Education, and Development (RED) Department - The RED department contains projects that are related to Research, Education, and Development and is made up of individuals who fill technical roles.
- Community, Service, and Support (CSS) Department - The CSS department contains projects that are related to Community, Service, and Support and is made up of individuals who fill non-technical or support roles.
Each department had a director who directed their department and the project as a whole. There were three predefined roles: Manager, Support Staff, and Developer. There were three predefined ranks that apply to individuals in a project: Senior Staff (Team Leader), Staff, and Junior Staff (New Staff).
Software and ServicesEdit
The LPUniversity Foundation planned to offer many services and programs to the LPC community.
- Community Website
- House-call support
- Standards Development
- Free hosting for lp related projects
- Affiliation program
- Free advertising for lp related projects
- And numerous other functions and resources are also available.
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at LPUniversity Foundation.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Muds Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).